Robert C. Vaughn, Inspector, State of Oklahoma License #70000104
Born in San Diego, California, 1952
Graduated Bishop McGuinnes High School, OKC, OK 1970
Graduated University of Oklahoma BA with honors, 1974
- 1967-75: Worked school summers in residential construction, beignning in roofing but mostly carpentry
- 1975: Barclay Construction Co., Denver, Colorado oil field construction
- 1976: Food Clothing and Shelter, Houston, TX, suburban newspaper, photographer/sales
- 1977-83: Merola-Vaughn Construction Co., Oklahoma City, General Contractor owner/partner
- 1983-84: Jim Walter Homes, OKC, Ft. Smith, AK & Tyler TX, Home Building Construction Supervisor
- 1984-88: City of Duncanville, TX (Dallas Suburb), Combination Inspector: Electrical, Plumbing, HVAC, & Building
- 1988-90: Wright-Rich Architect & Associates, Dallas, Field Inspector (school & bank buildings)
- 1990-91: Bitting Inspections (changed to Better Inspections) Dallas, TX, Home Inspector
- 1991-Present: Vaughn Inspections (changed to The Buyer’s Inspector/Vaughn Inspections) OKC, OK
Over 18,000 full house inspection performed solo since 1990
License or Certifications
- State of Oklahoma Home Inspector license #7000104
- ORCIA Certified Inspector #1009 ASHI Affiliate
- State of Texas Home Inspector license #2306
- State of Texas Plumbing Inspector and Septic System
Other Formal Education
- Scores of hours of continuing education courses *8 hours minimum annually are required to maintain Oklahoma Home Inspector's license.
- 16 Hours Designated Representative for Certification Course for On-site Sewerage Facilities (Septic Systems), Texas A&M Engineering Extension Service.
- 140 Hours Fire Inspector Certification Course, City of Garland, TX Fire Department Training Division
- 160 Hours Building Codes Inspection Training Program, Texas A&M University Engineering Extension Service
- 32 Hours in Review of the National Electric Code, sponsored by the National Fire Prevention Association
Member and Activities
- ORCIA Charter Member 1993 to present – Oklahoma Residential & Commercial Inspections Association ASHI (American Society of Home Inspectors) Affiliate Certified Inspector #1009
- ORCIA President 1997, Secretary (twice), and previous Treasurer (too many years).
- NAHI National Association of Home Inspectors, member 1992-2003
- ORCIA Executive Board Member
The ORCIA organization was directly involved in the securing sponsorship in the Oklahoma Legislature and writing the legislation to license Home Inspectors in the State of Oklahoma that became effective in July 2003. Total membership statewide including members in Texas and Kansas.
ORCIA sponsors two Continuing education conferences annually that satisfies the State continuing education requirements for license renewal and sponsors qualifying continuing education classes during its monthly Chapter meetings.